How to overcome a boot-up endless loop?

Jason Spatafore jason_online at spatafore.net
Sat Aug 29 00:30:57 MST 2009

I doubt it is an application problem. The system worked before and he
didn't mention he had a recent update take place.

My suspicion is that the partitions on his disk got corrupted. Perhaps
you can grab a bootable Linux and double check your partition tables
then run a fsck on the partition containing root? Probably some screwed
up inode sitting on a bad sector creating the problem.