Need System Admin Help

AZ Pete subs2 at cactusfamily.com
Fri Aug 28 16:42:44 MST 2009

Hi All,

I've been away from the list for a while, but am now back and glad to
see that it's still going strong.  The knowledge base on this list has
always been most impressive.

I recently upgraded from a shared hosting environment to a virtual
dedicated box. As such I've had to play system admin.  I'm a database
developer and am well versed with setting up databases as well as PHP,
Perl etc. However, my system administration days are far behind me and
I'm struggling with some Postfix issues.

There are a number of features I need setup email-wise and I don't have
the knowledge to do so. Quite frankly, I'm not at all interested in
becoming an email admin either. The things I need done are pretty
straightforward that I'm sure any experienced admin could do in his sleep.

Basically the box is a Fedora Core OS running all the usual characters
(Apache, MySQL, Postfix, PHP)

Is there anyone on the list who would be willing to discuss with me what
I need setup?
What would you charge?

I'm hoping to develop a relationship with an admin person such that I
can focus on the software development aspects and simply call upon the
admin to set things up as needed.

The details of what I need done are much too long to type in the email.
It'd probably be best to take any responses off list. Please contact me
by way of this email address or by phone.

Thanks,
Peter Wehner
480-246-7014