Help or arrogance (Was: Re: How to overcome a boot-up endless loop?)

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Thu Aug 27 16:10:23 MST 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 4:02 PM, Alan Dayley<alandd at consultpros.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 3:56 PM, mike havens<bmike1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think PLUG is an anomaly. It seems most people display snippety arrogance
>> rather than help.

Context is lost in email; often the process of tracking through
incorrect assumptions via limited information provided in PLUG list
email requires communication skills that might seem arrogant and
short, however everyone happily jumps into help, even competing to get
the best answer first. While some lack a certain touchy feely
humanity, others can be petty, and still others downright blunt, but
everyone accepts human limitations and enjoys the association found
via PLUG interactions with even the most beginner of Nixites.

So, Mike, I have to disagree here also; siding the Alan's appraisal.

> I strongly disagree.  My experience with PLUG since spring 2000 is
> that it is one of the most helpful and well behaved groups I have ever
> associated with.
>
> YMMV.
>
> Alan

http://linuxgazette.net/165/kachold.html