How to overcome a boot-up endless loop?

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 11:26:19 MST 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Josef Lowder <joe at actionline.com> wrote:

> Recently, I found a way to put my IBM Thinkpad T40 running PCLinuxOS
> to sleep rather than turning it off by using:  apm -s
>
> This has worked well for a couple of months with instant restarts
> whenever I opened the lid ... until yesterday.  Something went amiss,
> and when I tried to restart, I saw this repeating endlessly:
>
> /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit: line 1333: /bin/usleep: Input Output error
>
> So, I tried rebooting ... same thing ... and now I can't get the
> system to boot at all.
>
> How can I recover from this?

I have no real input, but am curious about something.  Is it possible that
the battery died either DURING the process of going into sleep state or
during the time it was ALREADY asleep?
--
Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
 - Thomas Jefferson