correct way to set timezone & clock/date?

Steven A. DuChene linux-clusters at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 25 13:37:31 MST 2009

OK, I may be wrong again. If I start ntpd by hand on my gateway/firewall system
it does indeed start and I am able to sync to that system from the other client
systems on my network but when I do a ntpq on it and type "peers" the only
thing listed there is the LOCAL (0) one. Unless I am mistaken it should also
list the two other ntp servers I have configured in the ntp.conf file. Right?