correct way to set timezone & clock/date?

Steven A. DuChene linux-clusters at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 25 11:27:22 MST 2009

Hmm, so I did the following:

# iptables -A input_ext -p tcp -m tcp --dport 123 -j ACCEPT

and then tried starting ntp services again but it still seems to hang
when trying to get the initial date and time. So adding a rule to the
firewall for tcp access on port 123 seems to have made no difference
to my problem.

nuts...
--
Steve