SAP Basis Admin position

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Sun Aug 16 11:52:18 MST 2009

After a long battle with technology, Jason Spatafore wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-08-15 at 23:06 -0700, unixprgrmr01 at gmail.com wrote:
>>> Ability to influence in a matrix environment

That's a bit of a red flag there.  The only experience I've had with "matrix
management" went like this:  http://crow202.org/2009/matrix_management.jpg
(safe for work, etc.)

>> Is this for a computer scientist or political scientist?
> First, they want you to try and get it right. Then, if you can't get it
> right, they want you to be able to sell the idea that you did get it right.
>
> In the end, that's how every SAP implementation works.

A large number of complicated systems work by fiat.  That is, they work by
having someone with political power say, "This system is working."

--
   Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft.  That will just be a
   completely unintentional side effect.  --Linus Torvalds