How to unpack a "torrent" download?

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 12:36:01 MST 2009

You don't :).

What you have is a "pointer" to data holding your PDF spread out among
a bunch of other Internet users.  So what you do is, you feed that
.torrent file to a torrent downloader, also known as a "bittorrent
client".  "Transmission" is the default app in Ubuntu these days, I
prefer KTorrent myself.  There's a bunch.  Anyways, once such an app
sees your .torrent file, it asks where you want to save the .PDF data.
 You tell it, tell it "go" basically, it goes and looks for your PDF.

Jim