dual boot

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Sat Aug 15 12:23:48 MST 2009

Floppy disk?  What's that?  :)

That _is_ an option I suppose, but I think that'd get tedious quick
flipping floppies.  I'd almost say find yourself an old ps2 number
keypad or something discrete on ebay to keep on it, basically to give
you access to up/down/enter keys for grub os switching.

Depending what you're doing with windoze still, I'd recommend to try
running it in vmware or virtualbox (or vm of choice) to get your fix
long-term, assuming linux floats your boat.  I don't game or anything
requiring framebuffer/directx access, but for work I need access to
visio or other software that refuses to work under wine, and works great
for me in an xp guest.  Virtualbox does support gpu access to the
guests, but ymmv as mine did on this...

-mb