Ubuntu 9.04 x64 livecd boots on macbook without changes.

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 00:01:23 MST 2009

They boot the LiveCD, but will they install as a dual boot properly without
that other software? That's not the same question.  BTW, I really don't
care, but wanted to clarify the distinction.

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Stephen <cryptworks at gmail.com> wrote:

> Agreed. but it was worth noting.
>
> On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 10:30 AM, Michael Butash<michael at butash.net>
> wrote:
> > I'd rather stick with my dell's for half/quarter the price of the apple
> > tax, boots everything happily including osx (well, hacked installs at
> > least) without dealing with efi, and doesn't insult my intelligence
> > calling my ubuntu cd windoze...
> >
> > -mb
> >

> > On Wed, 2009-08-12 at 08:25 -0700, Stephen wrote:
> >> nope. and both fedora11 and ubuntu 9.04 find all the hardware... its
> >> rather amusing.
> >>
> >> at least i know what i can do if ever stuck with a mac :-)

> from

> Stephen

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
 - Thomas Jefferson