Dual GSM/Voip phone? (can I talk "free" over wifi when near a library or coffee shop?)

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Tue Aug 11 12:56:12 MST 2009

The T-Mobile Google G2 phone will do this, however just like iPhone,
you must have a data plan or data capable service package.

The free part doesn't include the data plan control bandwidth but
there is a reduction in your throughput.

Since most people who use data, pay for unlimited at $15.00 a month
(or so), it's not a huge deal.

It sounds good, but hey, you can just buy any GSM or CDMA capable
unlocked phone off Ebay and get the same things (provided they are in
the model [like the Google G2 or iPhone]).

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 3:25 PM, Eric Cope<eric.cope at gmail.com> wrote:
> yahoo email account? sounds shady without even factoring the sales pitch...
>
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 3:20 PM, Mike Schwartz <schwartz at acm.org> wrote:
>>
>> is this on the level? :
>> if so, it sounds kinda interesting, doesn't it? :
>> (I saw this posted on the facebook [profile] page
>>   of a friend) :
>> <<
>>
>> Vernon Uzzell SAVE UP TO 95% OFF YOUR CELL AND TELEPHONE PHONE BILL
>>
>> You want it, we got it....August 14, 2009
>>
>> Dual GSM/Voip cellphone supports both GSM 900/1800/1900 and Voip over a
>> WiFi (WLAN) network. In Hot Spots, it is a SIP based Voip phone connected to
>> the GiConnect Voip network.
>>
>> GET UNLIMITED MINUTES FOR AS LITTLE AS $10.00 PER MONTH
>>
>> INCLUDING TEXTING AND THE INTERNET
>>
>> NO ROAMING CHARGES
>>
>> NO CREDIT CHECKS AND NO CONTRACTS
>>
>> MAKE INTERNATIONAL CALLS AT A FRACTION OF THE COST
>>
>> EARN HUNDREDS OR EVEN THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN REFERRAL FEES
>>
>> CALL VERNON FOR MORE INFORMATION: vernonuzzell at yahoo.com
>>

>> --
>> Mike Schwartz
>> Glendale  AZ