An Ext4 question...

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 23:20:03 MST 2009

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 3:44 PM, Michael Butash <michael at butash.net> wrote:

> You know, I've heard the same argument against reiserfs for ages, and
> using it on countless servers (both home and enterprise) for at least
> the past 5 years I've _never_ once encountered unrecoverable reiser
> filesystem errors pertaining to whatever kind of ungraceful/ugly reboots
> I've had to do.  That and with no manual tweaking of reiserfs, I can say
> I've been pretty darn happy with it.  I've had a great deal more
> occurrences with manually having to fsck ext3 even as rarely as I ever
> do actually use it.
> <snip>

Now you've done it.  Never say things like that.  Murphy will hear you and
kill it for you on the morow.  I recommend an all-nighter to convert all
your filesystems away from reiser.  [?]

Sorry, could not resist the temptation.
--
Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
 - Thomas Jefferson