hands on volunteering

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sun Aug 9 22:42:03 MST 2009

moin moin,

HandsOn Greater Phoenix has added a new program for helping volunteers
volunteer for specific projects. For this to work they need volunteers to
go through an orientation and they also need a list of skills.

One of the ABLEconf organizers and I talked to Brandy about having the
free software community volunteer as a group. They're not quite set up for
that and we need to show that we're not a bunch of flakes :).

If you're interested they have a couple of orientation sessions coming up.

If you do work with HandsOn or any other similar organizations, please let
me know.

###
The HandsOn Skills program is
currently recruiting volunteers with all
kinds of professional and technical
skills to help with projects at local
nonprofit organizations.

HandsOn Skills volunteers:
• Serve as volunteer consultants.
• Receive up to six hours of training on
working effectively with nonprofits.
• Work one-on-one or in small groups
on short-term or long-term projects.

HandsOn Skills volunteer orientations
are being offered:

August 8, 22 or 29
10am - 11:30am
HandsOn Greater Phoenix
5151 N 19th Ave, Ste 200
Phoenix, AZ 85015

Sign up today!
www.handsonphoenix.org
602.973.2212 x 226
brandy at handsonphoenix.org
###

ciao,

der.hans
#  Hope has two beautiful daughters: Anger and Courage. Anger at the way
#  things are, and Courage to struggle to create things as they should be.
#  -- St. Augustine