OT - Web browsing issue

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Sun Aug 9 15:57:39 MST 2009

How often do you actually ask windows-only people for anything helpful
even for windoze?  :)

Sounds like something is manipulating your outbound traffic, try
malwarebytes, or a format.  I don't trust any windoze install once it's
been compromised, and only slightly more even fully patched.  I had a
friends new windoze install get owned in less than day of them ignoring
my warning of using firefox w/noscript, and got the same kind of
behavior hijacking url's like that.  Even when cleaned with
malwarebytes, something still persisted that it couldn't find, so they
just wiped it again.  Hopefully it wasn't one of those mbr-resident
stealth ones thanks to sony...

-mb