Sugar on a Stick - Sugar Labs

Eric Shubert ejs at shubes.net
Fri Aug 7 13:50:38 MST 2009

liveusb-create will put any OS that has a Live iso on a USB stick. I
just did CentOS5.3, with persistence. Works like a charm.

I have a HP SFF computer I've been trying to get to boot Knoppix from a
thumb drive. Tried 5.1.1 first, then 6.0 using Adriane. The 6.0 stick
boots on my laptop fine, but not on the HP SFF. With 5.1.1 and 6.0,
knoppix hangs at "Searching for Knoppix 6 in: /dev/sda". Drove me nuts
yesterday.

The COS5.3 stick I just made boots fine on the HP SFF, but I do get
these messages:

Memory for crash kernel (0x0 to 0x0) not within permissible range
Hub 1-0:1.0: over-current change on port 7

I wonder if that's what's causing the problem with knoppix.

I'm happy with COS5 on a stick though. That's more what I was looking
for anywise, because I want to use it in place of a recovery disk for
COS5 servers. It appears to do well for that, with persistence to boot
(so to speak). ;)

--
-Eric 'shubes'