Sugar on a Stick - Sugar Labs

Eric Shubert ejs at shubes.net
Fri Aug 7 09:47:46 MST 2009

I stumbled across this just now:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick
"The Sugar on a Stick project gives children access to /their/ Sugar on
any computer in their environment with just a USB memory stick. Taking
advantage of the Fedora LiveUSB, it's possible to store everything you
need to run Sugar on a single USB memory stick (minimum size 1GB)."
I must have missed/ignored this being mentioned here before.

This could be big. Kids no longer need their own computer. They can use
their parent's computer without trashing it. Plus the student's
computing environment is the same no matter which computer they're
using. Heck, I might do this myself!

I wonder if we might find some sponsor who would buy a bunch of 1G thumb
drives (with their name/logo on them of course)? RedSeven comes to mind,
but I'd like to find a less geeky sponsor. We could load them up with
Sugar and distribute them to our local schools or other groups, along
with a simple pamphlet explaining what to do with it.

Thoughts?

--
-Eric 'shubes'