PLUG governance, etc.

Ryan Rix phrkonaleash at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 14:23:14 MST 2009

Stephen wrote:

> "Wait?
>
> It takes money to do everything right, beit create flyers, to stickers
> to tee shirts.
> Someone submits everything to the plug, yet members suffer because tee
> shirts aren't available and all events that take real assets must be
> supported by individuals?
> No really cool things get done for the plug without extreme human cost
> (like Hans who gives 110% himself)."
>
> we could set up something spiffy via cafepress?
I think that'd be pretty cool

I would have no problem donating if we had a central fund that was
controlled by more than one person. Hans talked a while ago in IRC about
starting a nonprofit up, and I think that something like that, if associated
with PLUG would be a boon to FOSS in Phoenix.

Ryan

--
---
Ryan Rix

DOS: n., A small annoying boot virus that causes random spontaneous system
     crashes, usually just before saving a massive project.  Easily cured by
     UNIX.  See also MS-DOS, IBM-DOS, DR-DOS.
	-- David Vicker's .plan

http://hackersramblings.wordpress.com | http://twitter.com/phrkonaleash
XMPP: phrkonaleash at gmail.com          | MSN: phrkonaleash at yahoo.com
AIM:  phrkonaleash                    | Yahoo: phrkonaleash
IRC:  PhrkOnLsh at irc.freenode.net/#srcedit,#teensonlinux,#plugaz and
      countless other FOSS channels.