Sonoran Penguin

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Wed Aug 5 19:54:45 MST 2009

I wouldn't call it a problem per se, perhaps simply a lack of
motivation, but thus far I haven't seen too much of an issue.  Politics
annoy me, but I've learned to simply ignore the cruft - others maybe not
so much.  I've not been watching or interacting with the list long, but
I haven't seen much of what I'd call abuse to the point of needing a
true steering committee ala moderation and/or hounding.  That's
typically about the time I lose interest.

What I have seen for the most part is (what I'd consider) vibrant
participation in mostly relevant discussions, without moderation or
attitude attitude that normally develops on lists like these.  I'd say
most or all of us are professional enough to respect that, keep egos in
check, and that's largely what got me watching and participating in
discussion in the first place.  Its refreshing there isn't constant
quoting of rules, moderation, or in general preaching.

I don't do forums for various reasons, and to me this feels like the
last bastion of the "old world" that still works to maintain my
interest, and works mostly well.  Thus far, I wouldn't say I'd recommend
changing anything, but I'm fairly simple to please.

-mb