Using the Broken Filter to find packages in Synaptic package manager

Ryan Rix phrkonaleash at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 16:04:13 MST 2009

AZ RUNE wrote:

> I know I have two broken package that won't let me update libnspr4-dev
> (Development files for netscape) but I am having the darndest time
> finding them even when I try to config the broken filter to point them
> out.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Brian

What's broken about them? Could you be more specific in your problem?

Have you tried dpkg-reconfigure -a or similar?

--
---
Ryan Rix

Now I know someone out there is going to claim, "Well then, UNIX is
intuitive,
because you only need to learn 5000 commands, and then everything else
follows
from that! Har har har!"
	-- Andy Bates on "intuitive interfaces", slightly defending Macs

http://hackersramblings.wordpress.com | http://twitter.com/phrkonaleash
XMPP: phrkonaleash at gmail.com          | MSN: phrkonaleash at yahoo.com
AIM:  phrkonaleash                    | Yahoo: phrkonaleash
IRC:  PhrkOnLsh at irc.freenode.net/#srcedit,#teensonlinux,#plugaz and
      countless other FOSS channels.