Restoring defaults in Ubuntu Gnome

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Wed Aug 5 14:04:20 MST 2009

I'm too impatient to stick with hardy, invariably I need fixes/features
in the new ones no one feels like backporting.

There is/was a workaround for it by using a different yahoo login host,
scsa.msg.yahoo.com that worked for me before getting the pidgin fix.

Have you tried the ppa for pidgin-developers?

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/pidgin-developers/ppa/ubuntu hardy main

I don't remember exactly if they had a hardy build, but I would hope so
since it is *lts*...

-mb