Mysql updating dates in a table

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Aug 4 15:44:44 MST 2009

I need to update almost all (but not quite all) records in a data table
because the dates were imported like '08/04/09' instead of '2009-08-04'

I am looking at the mysql reference manual but it doesn't appear that it
would be easy to script a line by line 'update' from a csv file.

Now I still have the csv files (and a copy with the dates fixed) and I
suppose I could 'find', 'delete' and then 'import' again but there are
relational records so mysql would probably prevent me from doing that
unless I suspend all relational checks when I delete those records prior
to reimporting them with the fixed dates.

What's the best way to accomplish this?

Craig

believed to be clean.