PLUG's role in improving Phx

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 09:27:20 MST 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 8:43 AM, Dazed_75 <lthielster at gmail.com> wrote:

> <snip>
>

> I don't know if this has ever been suggested in PLUG, but one thought might
> be to put together one or more canned presentations on Linux and/or FOSS and
> have a small group of presenters that can put the show on at area schools.
> Ideally, we could have someone familiar with the school systems to be a
> contact to arrange the schedules.  The presentations should have a focus
> suitable for a school audience.
>
> If this program did well, we might then consider other target audiences and
> how to adapt the presentations for those audiences.
>

> I realized maybe I should clarify a little.  When I said have a focus
suitable for the school audience I meant things like "Getting In To the
Future of Software" or "Rebelling With the Best", as opposed to a dry
sounding topic like "Free and Open Source Software" even though they are the
same thing.  The presentations could also have more of a "do it like this"
focus where there are practical presentations on things like photo
manipulation or working with people using other OS's.

We would have to start with one but I would hope could expand to more than
one topic/presentation.  I would also want it to be a practiced and smooth
presentation akin to those done professionally.

--
Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
 - Thomas Jefferson