OT: Handling Politics the plug-discuss way?

Bryan O'Neal boneal at cornerstonehome.com
Mon Aug 3 03:16:34 MST 2009

People are generally considerate enough to label their discussions and I do
not mind moderating OT discussions, or even just putting in an automated
2-24 hour delay. However if it is truly moderated I would hope several
moderators who all have the ability to approve and no one has the ability to
remove. This ensures all must be in agreement to censor, and we may get OT
messages to the list in under a few weeks (problem is moderation can be some
work).
I do NOT agree with splitting the list I have been around long enough and
remember when general discussions WAS the OT list. Their was an admin list,
a plug leadership list, a dev list, a web dev list, a few others, and this,
the general list for what was left.  However, if you can automate sorting
then it may work (OT threads being automatically moved and fenced in the OT
list even when sent to the discussion list)

I for one enjoy the OT discussions, but even I have been... well.. tuning
out on them lately.  Which is what I would expect any one who does not like
them to do, simply do not read them.

Their is my 2 cents and I think I will retire for a few days before lobbing
additional comments.