Scripting help

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Sun Aug 2 13:40:05 MST 2009

You might try this if you have bash available:
#!/bin/bash
# take all avi files in the current directory
# and transcode to Flash (flv) video files in the flv subdirectory.

for filename in *.avi ; do
  local basename=${filename%.avi}
  echo file base name is ${basename}
  ffmpeg -i "${basename}.avi" -ar 22050 -f flv "./flv/${basename}.flv"
done