I need help with IPCop.

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Sun Aug 2 09:15:27 MST 2009

Hey Matthew!

Good work!

You can assign static ip addresses to any interface as virtual addresses.

In Ubuntu assignment looks like so; static files manage the
configuration (which also can be done via the Networking tab [I like
command line]):

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/ubuntu-networking-configuration-using-command-line.html

Apache will require that you also "bind" the addresses to a virtual
host in the httpd.conf or virtual configurations, which also
corresponds (for SSL) to the /etc/hosts file [and/or DNS].

http://techgurulive.com/2009/04/10/how-to-configure-ip-based-virtual-hosting-in-apache/

We can tackle that when we get there, but if you are also doing IP
forwarding (to 80 from an obfuscated [cox] inbound port 8089 for
example) you might want to just use ONE ip address (rather than many)
and name based virtual hosting:

http://www.cahilig.org/apache2-name-based-virtual-hosting-debianubuntu

Okay?

Call me if you need help!

On 8/2/09, Matthew A Coulliette <matthewlug at cox.net> wrote:
> Okay,
>
> I now have the red, green, and blue zones working properly.
>
> To get the blue zone working, I enabled the blue DHCP server, then added
> a static IP address for the WAP and the laptop. Next, I added the laptop
> to the blue access menu. I also had to co-ordinate the settings of the
> WAP with IPCop. Here are the settings I used:
>
> gateway: 192.168.1.1
> primary DNS: 192.168.1.1
> WAP: 192.168.1.2
> Laptop: 192.168.1.3
>
> I found this traffic flow chart was helpful for understanding IPCop:
>
> http://www.ipcop.org/1.4.0/en/admin/images/traffic.png
>

> Three down and one to go...
> Here is the part I really don't get yet. How do I assign an IP address
> to the web server in the Orange Zone, since there is no DHCP server?
>
> Thanks in advance for your replies.
> MatthewMPP

http://linuxgazette.net/165/kachold.html
(623)239-3392