Need Advice on Routers

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Thu Apr 30 15:06:39 MST 2009

I was building custom redhat firewalls for business customers (put in place
with a nice 2400 Cisco and CSU/DSU) in the old dialup days.

Actually a linux firewall was the first thing I knew....

but then I learned about other LAYERS.

If you would like to learn by doing, click
http://obnosis.110mb.com/0BNOSIS-sec.doc

But be careful, OpenOffice has as many security issues as Word!

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 5:58 PM, Eric Shubert <ejs at shubes.net> wrote:

> Lisa Kachold wrote:
> > I just did a presentation on this at the last HackFest.
> >
> > And after working with IPCop, I found that personally, I would rather
> > not have to futz with it all.  I would rather have an ASA or another
> > cisco DSL/firewall/switch that does Layer 2.5 VLAN, in place IDS, and
> > VPN.
> >

> Perhaps because that's what you know? :) (Don't we all prefer what we
> know?)
>
> --
> -Eric 'shubes'

www.obnosis.com (503)754-4452