Need Advice on Routers

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Tue Apr 28 10:27:51 MST 2009

Thank-you all for your suggestions. I am intrigued with IPcop or smoothwall
on an old PC.

As it happens, I have an old PIII and PII that I could use. The PIII is a
Dell Dimension XPS T500 with an 800 MHz CPU 512 MB RAM, and the PII is a
Dell Dimension XPS H266 128 MB and 266Mhz CPU. Which one should I use as a
router?

I looked on Newegg,and found these NICS - anyone have any experience with
them?

Rosewill RC-400 10/ 100/ 1000Mbps PCI V2.2, 32/64-bit, 33/66MHz Networking
LAN Card With Heatsink & 4 LED indicators - on sale $14.99

TRENDnet TEG-PCITXR 10/ 100/ 1000/ 2000Mbps PCI Copper Gigabit Network
Adapter - $11.99

HAWKING HGA32T 10/ 20/ 100/ 200/ 1000/ 2000Mbps PCI Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
- Retail $16.99

Rosewill RC-411 10/ 100/ 1000Mbps PCI-Express Network Adapter - Retail on
sale $14.99
Thanks!
Mark