Prublem with Update Manager

Renato Patron linux at patrondesigns.com
Tue Apr 28 09:44:34 MST 2009

Hi all,

Thanks for all the comments to my previous posting. I installed Ubuntu
from scratch, an so far my customer is happy.

Now I have a problem of my own...
I installed Ubuntu 8.10, and the upgraded to 9.04 beta some time ago.
Everything went smoothly, but now that the final release is out, when I
try to run the Update Manager, it says that "Not all updates can be
installed" and asks me if I want to do a Partial Update. It says that 4
packages are going to be removed (libavcodec52, vlc and vlc-nox) and
then a list of packages to be installed/updated. When I click Start
Upgrade, the manager closes and nothing gets done.

Does anybody have had the same problem?

Thanks,

Renato