Friend Installs Kubuntu via wubi, no adept installed

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 19:35:08 MST 2009

Wubi is fantastic and works superbly in most systems and for most people.
Frankly, I've seen so many people happy with it in the last two ubuntu
releases I have a hard time seeing where anyone would say it sucks.  We did
two such installs Saturday at the installfest and both went without a hitch.

Where I suspect your failure is is the people who repackaged Kubuntu.  I
will try to find time to verify this but the last few days have made my
schedule quite difficult this week.

I freely admit that 3 releases ago it had trouble in a number of less common
situations.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 5:04 PM, Jim March <1.jim.march at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wubi sucks.  Jeez.  Installing a stable operating system from within
> an UNstable one is insanity.  It's Ubuntu's worst idea.  Shuttleworth
> will eventually figure it out, meanwhile do a real install - dual-boot
> if you must.
>
> Jim

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry