Need Advice on Routers

Eric Shubert ejs at shubes.net
Mon Apr 27 15:20:23 MST 2009

I do use VMware Server as well. I've used v1 and v2 successfully with a
virtualized IPCop.

The VM host and IPCop red share a bridged nic, but the VM host is
assigned IP 0.0.0.0, so all traffic on the nic goes only to IPCop. I
picked up this method from an Untangle (the firewall) conversation
somewhere (forum I think). I'd like to know more about how/why this
works if anyone would care to explain.

--
-Eric 'shubes'