Need Advice on Routers

Alex Dean alex at crackpot.org
Mon Apr 27 13:56:40 MST 2009

On Apr 27, 2009, at 1:24 PM, Eric Shubert wrote:

> Mark,
>
> I have a couple old e-machines that I made into IPCop firewall/
> routers,
> and have been decommissioned for a while (they were virtualized).

Do you mean you virtualized your firewall?  Doesn't that create a risk
that other VMs on the same hardware host might be exposed to nasty
stuff which arrives at the firewall?  I'm recalling Austin's talk on
VMs & security from a year or two ago.

If I've misunderstood your statement, please disregard.

alex