Need Advice on Routers

Sir Light sirlight at cox.net
Mon Apr 27 13:06:24 MST 2009

Mark,

I had a "hardware" router/firewall too but it was way too slow and could only do half/duplex on the network.

I replaced it with a PC with two network ports and running IPCop and it goes full network speed.

Just make sure that when you do get a hardware router/firewall that it can do full duplex on the network side to the cable modem.

Jon