OT: L33Tspeak "spelling" (was: Re: The .bash_history that Never Heard Anything at All)

Ryan Rix phrkonaleash at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 18:38:53 MST 2009

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Mike Schwartz <mike.l.schwartz at gmail.com>wrote:

> [...] However, creative misspellings [...] were also a way to attempt to
> indicate one was knowledgeable about the culture of computer users [...] "

Y0 D00D 1 W1LL H4X UR C0MPUT3R! L1NUX 1Z S0 UNC00L 4ND 34SY TO
H4X!!11!!11!1111ELEVEN!!!!

That kind of thing? (On a side note, google's mail goggles labs feature
caught that one. Coincidence?)

-Ryan

>  --
> Mike Schwartz
> Glendale  AZ
> schwartz at acm.org
>
> On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 4:58 AM, mike havens <bmike1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> tuna, I thought you were about my age.... not of the age where spelling
>> words 'your' way was acceptable.
>>

>> On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 7:44 AM, Andrew "Tuna" Harris <
>> tuna at supertunaman.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Herroes
>>>
>>> There are some seekrit things that I would rather not have my
>>> .bash_history knowing. Is there a way to set rules that prevent commands
>>> containing a certain word like, say, "angry_watermelon" from being
>>> stored?
>>>
>>> Also, are things that are sent to standard out logged anywhere?
>>
>> --

Thanks and best regards,
Ryan Rix
TamsPalm - The PalmOS Blog
(623)-239-1103 <-- Grand Central, baby!

Jasmine Bowden - Class of 2009, Marc Rasmussen - Class of 2008, Erica
Sheffey - Class of 2009, Rest in peace.