Wubi installation, Antivirus for Windows in Linux

Renato Patron linux at patrondesigns.com
Sun Apr 26 10:59:02 MST 2009

Hi all,
I have a customer's computer that has been infected with a lot of
malware/spyware. I can get into the PC but as soon as I connect to the
Internet, the computer freezes.
I'd like to install Ubuntu from scratch, but my customer is not
completely sure about that. Also she has a lot of
music/pictures/documents and some software in Windows that wants to use,
and I think that having a dual-boot will be less complicated.

Does anybody have experience using Wubi on an infected Windows
partition?
Does anybody knows of an Antivirus for Windows that will work in Ubuntu
so maybe I can cleanup the Windows partition?

Thanks for your answers,

Renato