Updating Ubuntu

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 07:34:18 MST 2009

On the ubuntu.com home page, if you click the download button for the
desktop or server you are taken to a page such as
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download to select a location which has a
"Begin Download" button.  Most people don't look to the right side which has
a section for "Other Options" one of which is a link for torrents.  I used
that on release day and got 2 .iso's in about 40 minutes.

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 1:05 AM, der.hans <PLUGd at lufthans.com> wrote:

> Am 24. Apr, 2009 schwätzte Chris Gehlker so:
>
>  It seems to take forever. It is much quicker just to download the .iso
>> and install from scratch.
>>

> Yeah, the mirrors are swamped the week after a release.
>
> Have you tried apt-torrent or apt-p2p?
>
> http://www.camrdale.org/apt-p2p/
>
> http://debtorrent.alioth.debian.org/
>
> I haven't yet tried either, but plan to set up at least one of them for a
> test spin.
>
> I've been wanting packages via a torrent-like setup for a long time, but
> hadn't noticed those packages.
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans
> --
> #  http://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.LuftHans.com/Classes/
> #  Very frankly, I am opposed to people being programmed by others.
> #    -- Fred Rogers, aka Mr. Rogers (1928-2003)

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry