How to properly re-establish users after a reinstall?

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Wed Apr 22 16:46:35 MST 2009

I gave up trying to fix the problems and just did a totally fresh
reinstall both hda5 and hda7.

But that still didn't solve all the problems.
What is so frustrating is that everything was working perfectly on
this system until I tried to install Virtual Box and that royally
screwed up everything.

So now, even with a clean fresh new installation of the same system
from the same media as before ... I still have several problems that I
never had before ... even after reformatting both partitions and
reinstalling (several times).

Now Firefox won't start and wireless doesn't work on my router, though
it does work on my neighbor's router.  Two other systems in my
home/office do work via wireless on my router.  Both Firefox and
wireless worked fine in the original installation (which Virtual Box
wrecked).

Go figure.

I've reinstalled Firefox several times, even totally removing all
traces of it and reinstalling.
Still can't get it to work.  All the files seem to be there the same
as on one of my other systems with the exact same installation.

Sure hope somebody can help me solve this.  I've only been working on
this off and on for two weeks.

joe