More Firefox weirdness

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 09:36:39 MST 2009

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 6:38 AM, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2009-04-18 at 12:13 -0700, Joshua Zeidner wrote:
> > FF3 is VERY buggy.  -jmz
> >
> > On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 12:08 PM, stu w <wien33 at cox.net> wrote:
> > > Greetings All,
> > >        Paying bills today, which I normally do online, and have never
> run into
> > > a problem with Firefox on Ubuntu 8.10. After logging off from APS, I
> got
> > > a pop-up asking me to take a survey for APS. I clicked on it, and it
> was
> > > a nightmare from my old windows days. It kept opening up blank browser
> > > windows faster than I could click out of them! I do have the Firefox
> > > pop-up blocker enabled, but the windows continued to open even after I
> > > disconnected from the network.
> > >        Does anyone know if this is an issue with Firefox, or the APS
> website?
> > >        Thanks,
> > >        Stu
> ----
> there are many websites that just design and test just for IE, some
> possibly for IE & Safari and if not designed and tested with FF too, can
> produce some unpredictable results. I don't blame all weirdness on FF
> just because it's FF.
>
> Then I have found that the Adobe plugins are somewhat problematic on FF
> but they are getting better. The AdobeReader plugin on FF has long been
> a nightmare and I typically install AdobeReader and remove the FF plugin
> so PDF files are downloaded instead of opened directly in a FF
> window/tab.
>
> That said, if you do a survey for APS, it strikes me as fate.
>
> Craig
>
> In fact, I have always thought most of the problems people have with FF
have more to do with the many add-ons most people use.  I seldom have more
than three and have rarely had any issues other than with sites using
microsoft specific extensions.  Interestingly enough, today's email had a
reference to:
     http://www.linux-mag.com/cache/7307/1.html
which seems to confirm that theory.  I do not mean that other suggestions
are wrong, just that one might suspect add-ons first as a source for
wierdnesses.
--
Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry