SAN storage practical list of options

Bryan O'Neal boneal at cornerstonehome.com
Sun Apr 19 15:06:20 MST 2009

Have you thought about a private cloud instead? Using something similar to a
in house EBS solution you could add space on the fly, aggressively cache for
performance, and have it well distributed across your campuses.  In addition
I believe Ubuntu 9.4 Server even comes preconfigured with Eucalyptus, or
something similar, which should make it a nearly turn key solution. Just
another option to think of.

http://eucalyptus.cs.ucsb.edu/

However, make sure you keep in mind that you will still want off site data
backups, which can potential double your total storage costs.