More Firefox weirdness

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Sat Apr 18 14:45:23 MST 2009

My good man!

Shirley you jest?

Please tell me that you don't assume that merely by "running linux" you are
now safe from client side application layer security issues inherent in
javascript?

YOU MUST USE ADDITIONAL ADD-ON SECURITY with Firefox!

Start at "No-Script" by clicking on "Tools" -> "Add-Ons" then search for
"security".

Over and above just using Firefox, you must:

1) Be cognizant that most websites are only just beginning to be optimized
for more than Internet Explorer.

2) YOU MUST RUN THE MOST RECENT PATCHED VERSION of Firefox, Safari, or
Opera!

3) Extra Credit

And also, you might note, that you just announced loudly to everyone that
you were unprotected, and no-doubt getting your mail through the browser as
well, so I could have sent you a UTF-8 or SHELL CODE exploit with further
packet payload that would happily install a nice XSS Tunnel whereupon I
would pwn you until you rebuilt your system, viewing your protected cache,
browsing history and worse!

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 12:08 PM, stu w <wien33 at cox.net> wrote:

> Greetings All,
>        Paying bills today, which I normally do online, and have never run
> into
> a problem with Firefox on Ubuntu 8.10. After logging off from APS, I got
> a pop-up asking me to take a survey for APS. I clicked on it, and it was
> a nightmare from my old windows days. It kept opening up blank browser
> windows faster than I could click out of them! I do have the Firefox
> pop-up blocker enabled, but the windows continued to open even after I
> disconnected from the network.
>        Does anyone know if this is an issue with Firefox, or the APS
> website?
>        Thanks,
>        Stu

www.obnosis.com (503)754-4452