More Firefox weirdness

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Sat Apr 18 12:53:22 MST 2009

After a long battle with technology, Joshua Zeidner wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 12:08 PM, stu w <wien33 at cox.net> wrote:
>> into a problem with Firefox on Ubuntu 8.10. After logging off from APS, I
>> got a pop-up asking me to take a survey for APS. I clicked on it, and it
>> was a nightmare from my old windows days. It kept opening up blank
>> browser windows faster than I could click out of them! I do have the
>> Firefox pop-up blocker enabled, but the windows continued to open even
>> after I disconnected from the network.
> FF3 is VERY buggy.

Not quite that buggy IME.  Version 3.0.6 will (sometimes) stay up for 12 hours
at a time, when 3.0.[345] had serious problems doing that.  First thing to do
is to apt-get whatever the latest version is.  And see if you can reproduce
the problem in some way, so others can check it out....

--
   For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple,
   neat, and wrong.