Does switching from 1.5 Mbp to a faster fiber-optic connection require any system changes?

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Sat Apr 18 06:49:32 MST 2009

I managed hDSL circuits at Nike (Senior Voice/Data Network Analyst); and had
Qwest here, there are no settings in your cable modem to change; it's all
done through Quality of Service aka Bandwidth shaping on the basis of the
user database service levels.

They don't support Linux, so you need to be sure that your questions all
fall outside of the realm of "please take over completely for me here".

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 11:48 PM, Stephen <cryptworks at gmail.com> wrote:

> i just never mention Linux, i just Ask for X Y and Z and then hook things
> up.
>
> Only when questioned do i tell them anything.
>
> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Josef Lowder <joe at actionline.com> wrote:
> > On 4/17/09, Stephen <cryptworks at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> it mostly just reconfigured the modem with a uPNPesque application.
> >>
> >>  but honestly call their customer service department and ask them what
> >>  your settings need to be to connect. they most likely can get you that
> stuff.
> >
> > I'll try that, but in the past, whenever I mentioned Linux, the standard
> > response is, "we don't support that ... we only support microshaft."

> Stephen

www.obnosis.com (503)754-4452
"Contradictions do not exist." A. Rand