Does switching from 1.5 Mbp to a faster fiber-optic connection require any system changes?

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Fri Apr 17 18:57:44 MST 2009

 SEE FAQ:  http://www.qwestchoice.com/faqs.html

Excerpt:

*What if I want to upgrade to the faster service later?*

Choice OnLine is available in two different service packages, Classic and
Select. At anytime these services can be changed from one to another. Change
of service is immediate. To have this change made call Choice OnLine at
(303) 383-9400 in Denver or (602) 266-1700 in Phoenix.

Nothing more is required.  Again check to verify that you have not been
charged for that "Self Install Package".

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Joseph Sinclair
<plug-discussion at stcaz.net>wrote:

> Instead of Linux, try telling them you have a network setup, and need to
> make the settings changes on/through the router. (Assuming this is true)
> If they still aren't helpful, ask to speak to a knowledgeable tech,
> sometimes you can get past the script-readers to someone who knows
> what they're talking about.
>
> Josef Lowder wrote:
> > On 4/17/09, Stephen <cryptworks at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> it mostly just reconfigured the modem with a uPNPesque application.
> >>
> >>  but honestly call their customer service department and ask them what
> >>  your settings need to be to connect. they most likely can get you that
> stuff.
> >
> > I'll try that, but in the past, whenever I mentioned Linux, the standard
> > response is, "we don't support that ... we only support microshaft."

www.obnosis.com (503)754-4452
"Contradictions do not exist." A. Rand