iButton anyone?

Bob Elzer bob.elzer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 12:59:48 MST 2009

To be clear, where is the readout coming from ?

If each machine is running software, that reads the iButton, and stops at
30,000 logins. Then my questions would be

Is it the software that is stopping the logins at 30,000, in which case, can
we bypass the software ? Or fix it.

Is it the iButton, that has a counter and won't go higher ?

It seems to be the software, in which case, booting from another system, and
changing the system disk to bypass that software would probably work.

  _____