Audigy Soundcard problem

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 15:36:28 MST 2009

actually i just posted this recently, as an FYI as cretive labs sound
drivers used to be somewhat iffy.

in any case she will have to compile a new driver as the kernel
modules fro her Audigy are no longer matching her kernel.

the driver i used is here
http://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=10792

but its an Audigy X-Fi you might want to look about and see if it matches

in any case it was a very easy make then make install

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 8:19 PM, Ralph Prowell <rprowell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Got a message from my daughter in Germany trying to get her soundcard to
> work with Suse 11.1.   The soundcard she is using is an audigy soundcard
> that she said works sometimes, but it is spuradic.  She is using Wine to
> play games but she doesn't have sound since she updated her Linux kernel.
> Any ideas?
>

> i was building a new computer system and i don t want to buy vista
> because it cost to much ..so i installed suse 11.1
> have some problems with the soundcard, i have sound on board and
> a normal soundcard on it.
> i configured the soundcard now sometimes it runs without any
> problems and sometimes it makes no sound ;-)
> i looked in google and it seems like that suse got problems
> with audigy soundcard..
> but the graphic card is running finally i can play windows
> games on wine or second life is running very fine but without sound
> since i made a kernel update :-(

Stephen