iButton anyone?

Tim Noeding tim.noeding at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 21:33:24 MST 2009

Hey all,

Sorry about being so vague the first time around, I was just wondering
if there was anyone with experience with the iButton. I have been
tasked with doing some repairs on equipment that use these as a method
for logging usage. After 30k uses, it prevents the machine from
working anymore. My boss tasked me with finding out how to get around
this little problem, so I've been swimming in iButton information for
the last week or so.
So far I know which model, and I am waiting for the writer to come in
the mail. I'm also looking for a decent scanner that will read the
chips, and haven't made my final decision on which one to purchase
yet.
I was hoping that there was someone that has some experience with this
and might be able to help solve my problem. If not, and this sounds
interesting to you, I'd be glad to bring it to a meeting and see what
we can do with them.

Thanks

Tim