Which EMail reader for BIG volumes of mail?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Apr 14 12:43:41 MST 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-14 at 11:54 -0700, Bryan O'Neal wrote:
> Excuse my squirrely logic here, but what is the difference between
> connecting to Goggles imap server and connecting to your own.
----
bandwidth, storage limitations, filtering mechanisms, privacy are just a
few that come to mind. The significance of each is probably different
for each person.
----
>  If the client
> can not handle the amount of mail on a professionally hosted server why
> could it handle it better connecting to your own server?
----
I think I had in mind the differences between POP3 and IMAP when I wrote
this so it was more of the differences between a local POP3 mailstore
which held mail captive to a specific mail application versus an IMAP
server which allowed you to change mail client applications on a whim.

Craig
----

believed to be clean.