Ubuntu 9.04

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Tue Apr 14 09:34:34 MST 2009

> Stephen wrote:
>> I just need the money to afford the laptop i want... cause im weird
>> and want 3 drives. stuff, OS 1 stable and Os 2 multiflavors/testing
>> only one i know does that and the shell is 2k

Laptops rarely have more than one physical disk.  It's just too
dang expensive to put more than one in the case.  Usually, partitions
work well enough to separate different logical areas of a disk,
though the 15-partition limit Linux has on SCSI disks may annoy
some people.

From: Joe <lists at joefleming.net>
> You don't believe in partitions?

Partitions?  Oh yeah, those things that underlie volume groups and
logical volumes :-)  Seriously, LVM is the way to go for machines
that can have multiple fixed disks.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows