Wireless Stopped Working on Ubuntu / XP Dual Boot

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 09:50:35 MST 2009

I had a similar problem some months back.  I did not find the explanation,
but did find a solution.  Assuming the wireless network is named foo, delete
foo and then let network manager rediscover it.  If it needs a passphrase it
will then re-ask and hopefully you will be back in business like I was.

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 9:33 AM, Eric Cope <eric.cope at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll check tonight. I tried rolling back kernels and it didn't help, so I
> suspect its an update issue...
> I'll keep you posted.
>

> On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 9:24 AM, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 09:14 -0700, Eric Cope wrote:
>> > Hello all,
>> > I have an IBM A31 laptop that I dual boot Ubuntu and XP. My wireless
>> > was working great up to a couple of days ago. When I boot into
>> > Windows, it works fine.When I boot into Ubuntu, it sees the network,
>> > but fails to connect. I have tried rebooting my router and my laptop
>> > to no avail. Any ideas?
>> ----
>> logs?
>>
>> assuming that you are connecting via NetworkManager as 'user' try going
>> into command line as user and executing 'ifup wlan0' and/or 'ifdown
>> wlan0' (or whatever interface your wireless is set to be).
>>
>> It's possible some updates might have changed the interface from
>> NM_CONTROLLED=yes to something else
>>
>> Craig
>>

>> --
>> believed to be clean.