Linux as a wireless AP

Bryan O'Neal boneal at cornerstonehome.com
Mon Apr 6 10:56:34 MST 2009

While I know their are a few PCI cards that are supposed to work with Linux
I have, unfortunately, never run across any and thus never tried; but if you
add the card can you not create an adhock network with it and route on the
if like any other nic? Alternately you could just hook up the most basic
AP/Router combo you can get that provides adequate security and then use a
static rout to/from your main router and the AP, but I assume that is what
your doing now with the WRT54G.
Where are you running into trouble? Is it getting the card to work, setting
up the adhock network, creating the route, etc.? If you let us know how far
you have gotten I am sure we can help further.