Problem compiling Broadcom 440x drivers for open Solaris

Bryan O'Neal boneal at cornerstonehome.com
Sun Apr 5 14:48:32 MST 2009

I installed Open Solaris on my Dell Inspiron 6000 notebook, however the
Broadcom 440x integrated nic card is not supported.
I found the following link
http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl/data/components/details/363.html
<http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl/data/components/details/363.html>  which
leads me to a driver pack, which provides a set of instructions that
basically boiled down to #make #make install however make does not compile
anything.
make reports Fatal error: No arguments to build. make Makefile reports
Makefile is uptodate. And of course, since I can not make I am not surprised
when make install reports Don't know how to make target 'install'

I have gotten so used to
	#./config <arguments>
	#make
	#make install
over the last decade that I have lost the trouble shooting talent for this
sort of thing. I have tried with gcc and suncc but I get the same issue both
times. There is no actual configure script since the make files come predone
for a dozen different platforms/os/compiler combos that are supported; you
just simlink to the rite one and go.

Suggestions?

Bryan O'Neal
O'Neal & Associates
Phone: (602) 295-4356
Fax:     (602) 795-6050
E-Mail: Bryan.ONeal at TheONealAndAssociates.com

Blogger <http://twitter.com/BryanONeal>
Twitter <http://mlwtech.blogspot.com/>
Linkedin <http://www.linkedin.com/in/thebryanoneal>